(Prep Time 05 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serve :10)
Beef is a great source of protein and other nutrients, but it's also heavy in cholesterol and saturated fats, which can develop blood fatty deposits therefore it should be consumed in moderation.
If you eat it in limited amounts and pick lean cuts, there are certain advantages to eating beef.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1kg ground beef
- 1 small can of kidney beans
- 1/1 tablespoon ARGENTINEAN Seasoning
- 20 flour tortillas or 18 hard taco shells
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Chopped tomatoes, avocado and shredded lettuce
- ½ cup chopped coriander *optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- To make the beef, heat the olive oil and onions in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the onions have softened somewhat, then add the ground beef. Cook until the meat is well browned, then drain the fat. Stir together the ARGENTINEAN Seasoning. Stir in 1/2 cup of boiling water. Add the kidney beans and reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap the flour tortillas in foil and reheat in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes for the fillings. Crisp the taco shells in the oven just before serving, according to package directions.
- Serve with chopped onion, and grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and lettuce.
Why This is Good for you
- Good source of zinc
- Good Source of protein
- excellent source of iron
- Contains Carnosine
- Rich in Vitamin B12 and B6