(Prep Time: 05 min |Cooking Time: 10 min | Serve: 6)
Broccoli is known to be a superfood. It's low in calories but high in nutrients and antioxidants that help with a variety of human health issues.
Broccoli is high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Antioxidants can aid in the prevention of a variety of diseases.
- 150 gram uncooked pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
- 2 cups chopped capsicum, your choice of colour
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp CLASSIC Spice Blend
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When the water boils, add the pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook al dente according to the pasta instructions.
- When the pasta is almost done, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set it aside. Drain the pasta and broccoli.
- Return the pan to the heat and turn the heat on high; Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, when it is hot add the capsicum. Cook until done, reduce the heat and add pasta to the pan.
- Mix well, add the rest of the olive oil, grated cheese, CLASSIC Spice Blend to taste, mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.
- Add 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water and mix well, adding more if needed.
- Serve in pasta bowls with extra grated cheese on the side.
**Optional: Add cooked chicken for a boost of Protein.
Why This Is Good for You
- High in fiber
- contains antioxidants
- Rich calcium and vitamin K
- enriched with vitamin C
- Rich in Iron
Be the first to comment.