KALE & BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRITTATA
(Prep Time :10 min | Cooking Time :30 min | Serve: 8 )
This kale and butternut squash frittata is a tasty and simple one-pan breakfast. It's loaded with kale, butternut squash and cheese and is fluffy and thick. Kale is an antioxidant-rich, fibre-rich and vitamin A-rich superfood. Vitamins, minerals and disease-fighting antioxidants abound in butternut squash.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups (packed) chopped kale leaves
- 2 cups cooked and cubed butternut squash
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 heaped teaspoon CLASSIC Spice Blend
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to stir for 3-4 minutes, or until the kale is soft and wilted.
- While the kale is wilting, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk in a large mixing basin until smooth. Add CLASSIC Spice Blend to the egg mixture.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cubed butternut squash, kale, to the pan.
- Sprinkle the cream cheese on top of the egg mixture in the skillet. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the sides begin to firm up.
- Place the frittata to the oven and turn on the top broiler. Cook for a further 8-10 minutes, checking every few minutes to ensure the top does not brown too much.
- Take the frittata out of the oven, slice it up, and serve it.
Why this is good for you?
- Very high in antioxidants.
- Excellent Source of Vitamin C
- Best Sources of Vitamin K and Vitamin A
- High in fibre