LENTIL SALAD WITH CUCUMBER
(Prep Time : 10 min | Cooking Time : 20 min | Serve: 6 )
Lentils are low in calories, high in iron and folate, and a high-protein food. Lentils are often distinguished by their colour, which ranges from red to green to yellow to brown to black. Phyto-chemicals and antioxidants are the only different components of each type of lentil.
- 210 gram lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp of MEDITERRANEAN Seasoning Mix
- Combine the lentils, water and bay leaf, in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a low heat setting, cover, and cook for 16-20 minutes. It's important that the lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Drain the lentils and set them aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add cucumber, yellow capsicum, red onion and cilantro, diced.
- Toss the salad with the dressing to blend.
Why This Is Good for You
- Great protein source
- Rich in fibre
- Rich in Iron
- Good source of Potassium and Manganese