ROASTED SWEET POTATO SALAD
(Prep time:10 min |Cooking Time: 20 min | Serve:2)
Sweet potatoes are a nutrient-dense and a tasty root vegetable. Sweet potatoes have been discovered to be one of the greatest sources of Vitamin A. As their naturally orange colour, sweet potatoes are also high in vitamin B5, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin and carotenoids.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp MEDITERRANEAN Spice Blend
Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 tsp MEDITERRANEAN Spice Blend
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Make a dressing: Combine all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Shake well. Put aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add 1/4 cup olive oil and ¼ tsp MEDITERRANEAN Spice Blend. Toss to combine. Pour onto a baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, on another baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and carefully cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Add the roasted sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus. Toss again and drizzle with additional dressing. Enjoy!
Why This Is Good for You
- Good source of vitamins C and A
- Rich In Fiber
- Full of magnesium
- Rich in potassium
- contain antioxidants