(Prep time: 20 min |Cooking Time: 30 min | Serves:4 )
Salmon is a popular fish that is known for its high protein and omega-3 fatty acid content and is eaten as a staple diet by people from all over the world.
- 400g cans wild red salmon or (I like to bake a 400g piece in the oven)
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions (minced)
- 1carrots, grated
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp AUSSIE Spice Blend
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Drain the salmon (or flake it) and combine with, egg, green onions, carrot, bread crumbs, parmesan and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients with your hands, then shape into 4 patties that are no more than one inch thick.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a large skillet. Pour in the oil. Add your salmon patties. When oil is hot enough to bubble when a bread crumb gets tossed in, add your salmon patties. Be sure to leave enough room to have a good inch in between each patty, so you may need to cook them in two batches.
- Cook until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes, then flip and cook until golden brown on other side.
- Serve warm with a leafy green salad or vegetables.
Why This Is Good for You
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Great source of protein
- High in B vitamins
- Good source of potassium
- Loaded with selenium