SLOW COOKED PULLED BEEF
(Prep Time:10 min | Cooking Time: 8 hrs | Serves: 6)
Beef is a rich source of high-quality protein and various vitamins and minerals. As such, it can be an excellent component of a healthy diet.
- 1 kg boneless chuck roast (or leave the bone in)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon ARGENTINEAN Spice Blend
- Preheat your slow cooker on low heat.
- Take the chuck roast and poke a few holes on all sides with a knife or fork.
- Stir in olive oil and red wine vinegar and rub the meat with it.
- Season evenly on all sides with ARGENTINEAN Spice Blend.
- Place half of the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the roast, and add the rest of the onion.
- Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 hours or until the meat flakes slightly with a fork. If you check after 8 hours and it's not easy to separate, continue cooking for another 1 to 2 hours.
- Take the roast out of the pan and place it on a cutting board. Spread the meat with two meat forks. Makes a great sandwich, taco or burrito!
Why This Is Good for You
- High protein content
- Good Source of iron and four essential vitamins - niacin, riboflavin, vitamins B6 and B12
- Rich source of zinc
- Good source of bone broth for gut health