TOMATO BACON PASTA
(Prep Time: 05 min |Cooking Time: 10 min | Serve: 4)
Tomatoes are loaded with a substance called lycopene. It gives them their bright red color and protects them from the sun's ultraviolet rays. Likewise, it can help protect your cells from damage. Tomatoes also contain potassium, vitamins B and E, and other nutrients.
Bacon is at the top of most people's favourite foods list. Thin slices of crispy, fatty and salty bacon are some of the best wellness dishes on the market.
- 320 g spaghetti or other long strand pasta of choice
- 2 tsp butter
- 300 g bacon , diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 800 g canned crushed tomato
- 1 tbsp ITALIAN Spice Blend
- Finely chopped basil
- Bring a large pot of water into the bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Cook the pasta according to the package, but at least 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan over high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 1 minute, then add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the bacon is golden brown. Allow the excess fat to drip off.
- Scoop out a mug of pasta cooking water, then pour about 1/2 cup into the skillet. Bring to simmer and stir, scraping the skillet to dissolve in all the golden bits stuck on the pan into the liquid.
- Add the tomato, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, then over medium heat.
- Drain the pasta or, if the time is right, use tongs to transfer it directly from the pot to the pan.
- Mix gently with two wooden spoons for 2 minutes, or until the sauce no longer solidifies in the pan, everything is in the pasta. If it gets too thick, just add a drizzle of the pasta cooking water.
- Season with ITALIAN Spice Blend
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil & parmesan.
Why This Is Good for You
- Good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, and folate.
- Rich with Protein
- Loaded with Phosphorus
- Good source of fibre