(Prep Time :10 min | Cooking Time :10 min | Serve :4 )
Pork contains vitamins and minerals such as phosphorus, selenium, and thiamine. Pork has more thiamine, a B vitamin essential for a variety of biological activities, than other red meats such as beef and lamb.
- 400g lean pork shoulder, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp AUSSIE Spice Blend
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 100ml fat-free yogurt
- Pita breads
- Red onion, sliced
- Tomato sliced
- Red Capsicum
- Cucumber sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, AUSSIE Spice Blend, yogurt & lemon zest.
- Put the pork in a mixing dish and pour the marinade over it. Toss to thoroughly coat, then cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Before you begin creating your souvlakis, soak 6 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high heat when you're ready to eat.
- Thread the pork chunks onto the bamboo sticks that have been pre-soaked; discard the marinade that hasn't been utilised.
- Grill the kebabs for 10-12 minutes, rotating every 2-3 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve on a warm pita breads and add vegetables to your preference (onion, tomato, capsicum and/or cucumber).
Why This Is Good for You
- Rich in Vitamins B6 and B12
- Good Source Protein
- Good source of Iron
- Richer in thiamine
- Great Source of Selenium