(Prep time: 05 min | Cooking Time:10 min | Serve:4)
Eating tuna has many benefits. In particular, it is an inexpensive source of protein. Despite its low fat content, tuna is still considered a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are essential dietary fats that are beneficial for the health of the heart, eyes and brain.
- 100 gram spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g gram canned tuna, *use the one in Olive Oil, drained.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus zest
- 1 tablespoon CLASSIC Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped divided
- Grated parmesan for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Keep ½ cup of water to cook the pasta, then drain it. Return to pot to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the tuna, lemon juice and zest, season with CLASSIC Spice Blend and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta, and 1 tablespoon of chopped basil and continue stirring until the spaghetti is well coated. Add as much reserved pasta water as needed to dilute the sauce.
- Garnish with the remaining basil, parmesan and serve hot.
Why This Is Good for You
- Rich in manganese, zinc, vitamin C, and selenium
- Loaded with Iron and Vitamin B
- Rich in Omega -3 fatty acids
- High protein
- Low in calories