As a Health Coach I'm often suggesting a quality mince Turkey Meatloaf to clients. Not only because it's quick, easy and healthy but because you can cook once, and eat it over a couple of days. Who doesnt love to save some time!
500g lean turkey mince
1/2 medium onion
1/2 red capsicum
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup grated zucchini
1 clove garlic
1 large egg
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs ITALIAN Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
60g swiss cheese
Salt & Pepper, if desired.
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tbs mustard
1 tbs honey
1. Preheat Oven to 375deg F and grease a loaf pan.
2. Dice the onion and capsicum. Saute in a pan over medium heat until soft; add garlic and cook for 3o seconds.
3. Add veggies to a bowl with turkey mince, egg, worcestshire sauce, ITALIAN seasoning, bread crumbs, swiss cheese, salt & pepper. Use your hands to combine the ingredients together. Try not to over mix!
4. Dump into your prepared loaf pan and use your hand to make a rounded top of your loaf.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 45mins.
6. Whilst meatloaf is baking, make the sauce. Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
7. Spread sauce over the top of meatloaf and then put it back in the oven for another 15mins.
8. Serve topped with little chopped parsley for colour.
... and a leafy green salad.